We are glad to present you the 44th issue of the St. Petersburg International Legal Forum Digest.
You can subscribe to regular mailing list following the link.
Official and recommended Forum hotels provide special rates for participants of the VI St. Petersburg International Legal Forum, be sure to book a room in your Personal Office!
Leading experts in the spheres of law, economy and international relations, heads of world companies’ legal departments, members of international legal community have been interviewed by our journalist during the V SPBILF and shared their impressions on the Forum.
Find a video-interview in each issue of the Digest and enjoy viewing!
«Protection of property rights in the ECtHR»
Article 1 of the Protocol 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights:«Every natural or legal person is entitled to the peaceful enjoyment of his possessions. No one shall be deprived of his possessions except in the public interest and subject to the conditions provided for by law and by the general principles of international law».
About the seminar
- Organizational partner: the programme is organized in cooperation with the Council of Europe
- Specialism: intensive programme on Article 1 of Protocol 1 of the ECHR
- Working language: Russian
- Dates: 18-19 April 2016 г.
- Duration: 15
- Venue: Council of Europe
- Registration fee: from 690 EUR + 20% VAT
- Accreditation: Federal Chamber of Lawyers of the Russian Federation (for lawyers from Russia) and National Bar Council of Italy (for lawyers from Italy)
- Document: International Certificate
- Total number of participants in 2009-2015: over 2000
- Lecturers: lawyers and judge of the ECtHR
- Detailed information: http://cecj.co/en/strasburg/
- A lecture by the ECtHR judge from Russia.
- Lectures of Russian-speaking lawyers of the ECtHR. Answers to the main questions relating to the Article 1 of Protocol 1 “Protection of property”.
- Practical aspects of successful application to the ECtHR regarding violence of property rights. Recommendations on application documents, filling in the application form and overview of the main mistakes of applicants. Admissibility criteria after the Brighton conference.
- Practical workshop and participation in a mock trial in regard of the Article 1 of Protocol 1.
- Execution of ECtHR judgments in regard of property rights.
Anatoly KOVLER, Judge, elected to the ECtHR in respect of Russia, (1999-2012), PhD in Law, Professor: “Being a judge of the ECtHR (1999-2012) I participated repeatedly in the seminars organized by the European Centre for Legal Cooperation. The seminars cover general problems of the ECHR interpretation and practical issues of application to the ECtHR.
So, the attendees get a complex perception of the ECHR implementation on the national level and functioning of European system of protection of human rights.
The level of organization is very high: the programme and conditions of participation are designed for peculiarities of the groups of participants (mainly, lawyers, human rights activists), the schedule is followed almost to minutes, no annulations or frustrations have happened.
No doubt, that this is a merit of Dr. Ekaterina Safonova, CECJ Director, who has professional experience of work in the ECtHR Secretriat. The fact that seminars have been repeatedly held for many years and its georgraphy and attendees have been widened testifies to the obvious practical benefit of this form of “inclusive education”.
The applications to the programme are received before April. 1st, 2016.
The registration fee is paid to the banking account of the CECJ (France) and is subject to VAT.
The number of attendees is limited.
Further information can be received from the CECJ Coordinator in Moscow: Moscow City Bar, 43 Sivtsev Vrazhek lane, Moscow, tel: +7-926-855-56-17, email: email@example.com
Knowledge is power
In the time of rapidly developing technical capabilities and increasing value of time online training is getting more accessible and relevant. Please advice us which online courses are you taking.Survey